Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Watch: Trailer For Kanye West's 40 Minute Film 'Runaway'

There are hip hop artists and then there is Kanye West. Whatever you think of the guy, it's hard to argue that he's one of the most undeniable forces to hit the genre in ages.

In anticipation of his forthcoming album, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," Kanye has been plugging the album hard. He's releasing a brand new song, every Friday, for free, on his website. And these aren't throwaway tracks either. These are remixes of album tracks and some exclusive cuts as well. He recently hit Saturday Night Live and killed it, turning the stage into a minimal white background populated with ballet dancers. And oh yeah, he also made a movie.

Titled "Runaway" (also a song on the upcoming album, natch), Kanye has been traveling around the world presenting the film to industry types, and answering questions after the screenings. By most accounts, the film is big on symbols, light on plot but as Kanye admits, "I’m no Fellini."

So why did he embark on the film -- which was shot over four days in Prague -- alone? “I knew some of my images, my ideas, were so amateur, no director would want to do this for me. So I had to do it myself,” says West about the project. “I’d rather it be my vision and my dream and be sub par, than for it to be someone else’s vision and perfect.”

No word yet on when we might get a chance to see the film, but with the album set to hit stores on November 22nd those details should arrive soon. [The Music Network]


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
justinbieberstabbedin | Privacy Policy | RSS Feed | Proudly Powered by Blogger