Friday, September 24, 2010

Good Luck With That: Kristen Bell Says She Would Finance 'Veronica Mars' Movie Herself If WB Gave Up The Rights

Just a few months after producer Joel Silver pretty much poured a bucket of cold water over any hopes of a "Veronica Mars" movie, citing that poor home video sales has made Warner Bros. uninterested in bringing the TV series to the big screen, Kristen Bell has decided she's willing to do anything to get the film made.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter at the premiere of "You Again" she revealed she "absolutely would" finance a "Veronica Mars" movie if Warner Bros. gave up the rights. Since that will never happen in a bazillion jillion years she's content to keep campaigning for the movie until she's 40 years old.

"At this point, Warner Bros. can make it but like any studio they have research that tells them whether or not they'll make their money back," she added. "And that's what we've been told: That it's just not there. So my duty, because I wanted this movie made from the minute our show got canceled, is to a) do it before I'm 40; and b) to prove to Warner Bros. that there is an audience. You already have 3 million who watched it every week hardcore fans that will see it -- you can only build from there."

But if they don't do a movie, the increasingly desperate sounding Bell says she would be open to doing a cheap web series. "I would be down with doing a Web series," she said. "I think, and I don't speak for anyone else but myself, but I think that they want it grand because it is deserving of being on the big screen. I think that maybe our creators would settle for that but I think that we all really want to push for the movie if it can happen."

We love ya Kristen, but dream on....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
justinbieberstabbedin | Privacy Policy | RSS Feed | Proudly Powered by Blogger